02 June, 2006

'The Break Up' is Broke

So, since my taste in movies rivals that of a 12 year old girl I went to see 'The Break Up' tonight. OK, so I happen to be a fan of Vince Vaughn too. And the concept of seeing Jennifer Aniston's butt also appeals to me. In essence, this movie was my very own Triple Crown.

Well, the problem with this movie is that it tries too hard to break the "romantic comedy" mold.

First, there is Vince himself. His 'Swingers', 'Old School', 'Wedding Crashers' deadpan machine gun delivery seems odd here, but I'll grant it because I generally like it and there are several very funny Vaughn-ish moments.

Second, there isn't a single likable character in the movie. He is a self involved lunk who doesn't care about people around him, and she is a manipulative nag. The supporting players are just shades of the above.

Third, the ending breaks the traditional mode too, and it sucks.

I am ALL for shaking up a genre, but judging from the groans and the shrugging shoulders as the credits rolled this isn't the movie that will do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interestedhttp://google-machine.info/2482.html or http://indexmachine.info/1435.html and http://indexmachine.info/2297.html

 
All photos and videos are property of their respective owners, and were plundered for the entertainment of the crew. Remaining text and content is property of the pirate. Don't even think about stealing this booty.
Copyright - Angry Pirate, 2007 - 2010.